Thursday, June 25, 2009

00018:Does it make any sense if you change yourself?

    I spend the whole day, sitting in front of the computer at the office and write a half year performance report for the manager.  Sometimes I wonder if i shall work like this for the whole of my life. I never like to do the job like this. I did not like economics since I was in the college. I even hated it when I was in my master degree study. I am constantly questioning myself why i chose to continue my further study in master degree of economics, why I was finally employed in this department. Though I always force me to endure a little bit more, I start to think where i shall go and how I spend the rest of my life. Currently, it's not the life I used to dreamed.
 
   I just saw an advertisement of VISA in TV. It's an American man dancing in the different cities across the world. I read more stories about him on local newspapers and Internet. I believe only Americans are able to do such sorts of things. We Chinese young people shoulder too much responsibilities and expectation from their family and society. They are taught to earn money for buying their own house, get marriage and breed babies as earlier as possible, take good care of their old parents, and also accumulate some money for illness and their own retirement life.
 
   There is an old saying that if you can not change the world, just change yourself. However, as far as i am concerned, it's just a bullshit. Does it make sense if you change yourself? Will you become happy if you always try to adapt yourselves this questionable society, especially in Shanghai, China?! 
 
   

No comments: