Tuesday, June 23, 2009

00017: The sharply uprising price of housing in Shanghai

   If you thumb through the mainstream medias, newspapers or Internet website, you will find out that the price of house and apartment is rising day by day in Shanghai again these days. The newspapers are filled with reports and advertisements about the real estate, which attracts great attention by the citizens and help to launch a hot discussion about the housing issue in Shanghai. My colleagues talk about it everyday. And I even heard many people talking about it in the underground railway on my way to the office.
 
   As far as I(an ordinary 27 year old young people) am concerned, the uprising price of housing in Shanghai can only lead to a misery for me. I will never be able to afford buying an apartment in my life. 
 
    My salary is about 3000 RMB after tax. If I want to buy an apartment of 90 square meters which is located in urban, I have to pay for about 1,800,000 RMB now. It means I have to save all my salary for more than 25 years. But I should warn everyone that this calculation is excluded other economics factors or variation. 
 
    The actually current situation in Shanghai, or other cities in China, is that  the gross increase of the price of house and apartments in Shanghai is around 20% in the past five years. On the contrary, the gross increase of my salary is nearly 5%. 
 
    Well, just like Americans says, I shall hold on for the dear life  and continue enjoying the "happy" life staying with my parents. Further more, I shall always believe and trust the Communist Party, making a beautiful daydream that our lovely Communist Party will ever solve the problem in the future.
 
    How long is the future? Am I able to see it?!
 
 
 

No comments: