Wednesday, October 28, 2009

00028: Windows 7 is coming...

    Microsoft China started to sell Windows 7 in the mainland simultaneously on October 23th, 2009. Windows 7 Home Edition  is priced at around RMB 699 Yuan, lower than the price in other countries. It is reported that it is the first time Microsoft software sells cheaper in China than other Nations. The launch of Windows 7 has attracted much attention by PC companies,technology manufacturers and customers. Lenovo said that its service system had been prepared for the launch of this new operating system.  I believe Windows 7 is welcomed by most PC companies and hardware manufacturers, as its a good opportunity for them to launch new products and eliminate old ones. It is also a good chance to push the whole electronic technology into a high level.

    However, I am still using the computer I purchased six years ago, equipped with Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 256MB memory, 17' inches CRT screen. The operating system of this computer is windows XP. I have never planned to upgrade to windows 7, although I am sooo shocked at the beautiful operating interface and desktop of Windows 7. I even love the transparent manus of Windows 7, which impressed me deeply. But the reason why i do not make a change may be as follows:

1. windows xp can meet most of my working and entertainment requirements
2. windows xp is much more compatible than windows 7, i supposed. New system always has some problems in computability.
3. my hardware may not meet the minimum requirements for installing windows 7
4, at last but not least, my windows xp is cracked version.  I can not upgrade to the new version.

   Although the new windows 7 is sooo attractive, the only thing I could do now is to make a wish that windows 7 can be sold well in China and win the victory in the final competition against cracked software market!!!

 

No comments: