Friday, August 29, 2008

00009:The highest building in Shanghai opens up...

It's raining now in Shanghai. However, the Shanghai World Financial Center, the highest building (or we may call it skyscraper) opened up to the public yesterday.

The Shanghai World Financial Center with 101-story and 492-meter-high is located in Lujiazui Finance and Trade Zone, becoming the highest building in China and a new land mark in Shanghai. The total investment amounted to 8 billion yuan.

The SWFC consists of a gross floor area of 381,600 square meters, including 226,900 square meters of grade-A office space and a Park Hyatt hotel, the highest hotel in the world,reported by Shanghai Daily.

I worked as an intern in a foreign bank near Lujiazui Finance and Trade Zone last year. The first scene I caught in my eyes when I walked out of the underground was Jingmao Building and the Shanghai World Financial Center. I was always shocked by the view and felt so proud to be a Shanghainese. When you go across the two buildings, they seem to be two ladders connecting with the ground and sky. When I finished my work and went back home, thousands of lights lit up, just like thousands of stars embedded in the buildings. That was fabulous!!!

Sincerely wish that I will have an opportunity to work in SWFC one day in the future.

Today is Friday. Happy Weekends!!

No comments: