Wednesday, November 11, 2009

00033: Singles Day....

     Today is November 11th, a very special day for Chinese people. Today is the Singles Day, which is also named as Guang Gun Festival in vernacular. As the date of today contains four same number ONE, we clever Chinese symbolize it as someone living alone without a companion beside and then name it as the Singles Day. 

     Some students in colleges or some youth usually hold different activities on this day. These various events are all in the purpose of helping bachelors say goodbye to single status.  Some young people will choose to take parties and hope to find the other part on this day.  It was reported on the local newspaper that one group people would held an interesting party this evening in Shanghai, offering quite a few games such as SanGuo Sha(a very popular  card games in Shanghai now, I will introduce it in my blogs next time) to provide opportunities  for those single attendants. 

    However, some young couples choose to register marriage on today. They believe four number ONE represent only one in one's heart and its symbolization will bring a good luck on their marriage.

    I am still officially single now. I was absorded myself in my work the whole day.  I have been making great efforts to change this status, but the result is far from my satisfactory. There is an old Chinese saying "nothing is better than everything". And I always hold the point of view that there exists fate which will bring two people walk together at last. I also wish it was my last Singles Day. 

    Good luck on me and every singles in this world.  

P.S: THE PICTURE IS COPIED FROM INTERNET.

WELCOME TO CONTACT WITH ME VIA EMAIL: MULDER_LI@HOTMAIL.COM
 

No comments: