Sunday, November 8, 2009

00030: what happened in last 9 days...

    Sorry, everyone. I was in breach of my promise again. I realize that I am only a ordinary people and find out the impatience is one of my big weak point. I once read a survey that only half of bloggers can insist on updating blogs frequently after 3 months. And only one tenth of bloggers can continue updating theirs blogs after 1 year. I dont how long i will hold on after today, but I will have a try and hope to be one out of ten. 

    Turning back to the main point, it did occurred lots of important things or incidents in Shanghai and Chinese circle during the past 9 days.. 

1. Shanghai Changjiang tunnel-bridge opened to the public on Oct 31th. The project consists of Changjiang Bridge and a Tunnel part with the total length of 25.5 kilometres. The overall investment reached nearly 12.62 billion yuan RMB.  The bridge starts from Chongming Isand and ends in Changxing Island. And the tunnel brings the Changxing Island and Shanghai land together then. It is a momentum for the local citizen that people can take bus or cars to go Chongming or Changxin Island, where were only reached by ships only. Many Shanghainese now are hoping to have a short tour on Chongming Island, including our family.

2. Qian Xuesen, the father of China's rocket and the Space Program, died on Nov 11th. He used to study in Massachusetts Institute of Technology and came back to China and made great efforts to the development in China's space technology. Mr Qian was not left a deep impression among the so called 80's or 90's youth people, but he was respected and revered by most of people as my fathers age. My father once told me before that Mr Qian was a real scientist in his image at the time when my father was young. 

2. The construction of Shanghai Disney Land was finally approved by the government on Nov 5th. All the local newspaper and mass medias placed this breaking news on the headline. I believe it is an cardiotonic to the local economics. Sorts of local stocks related to the project of Disneyland had witnesses a sharp increase in price during the past half year. The floor price of the crude land where the future Shanghai Disney Land will be located doubled during the past one year and reach a high point at 14000 yuan per square meters. Although we local citizens welcome the Shanghai Disney Land, we also have some worries about it, such as the future price in real estate market, the threat against local market and so on.

    Life is going, and I will try to continue doing some valuable things rather than wasting my time, which will make my life much more meaningful.....

No comments: